WORKSHOP WITH PAULA CLAYTON
Paula’s workshops are highly practical and clinically relevant courses that provide participants with a clear understanding of the major principles, and equips them with a number of techniques that can be used immediately in clinical practice.
This one-day course covers the latest research surrounding pain/dysfunction of the knee. A very practical course which will take you through thorough ‘evidence based’ assessments, manual therapy inputs and rehabilitation, all of which will increase your clinical reasoning and impact on your patient outcomes
- Defining what pain/dysfunction of the knee is
- Recognize signs and symptoms that characterize patients with knee pain/dysfunction
- Understanding the pathophysiology of knee pain/dysfunction
- How to assess patients with knee pain/dysfunction
- How to assess the fascial system
- Understand the practical application soft tissue techniques and manual therapy technique which impact on pain, dysfunction and performance
- Understanding when to implement an intervention and when not to – building on clinical reasoning
- Understand how the body functions as a whole rather than a sum of its parts and how to affect change with this in mind
- Rehabilitation of knee pain/dysfunction
- Reduce the risk of recurrence
The course aims to present the scientific evidence and the clinical implications ofknee pain/dysfunction. Following thorough assessment to determine which outcome measures you may want to use, manual therapy techniques will be taught, practiced and implemented in order to affect change and improve those outcomes. Targeted rehabilitation and self-treatment techniques will be taught in order to increase a patient’s self-efficacy and to reduce the likelihood of recurrence. There will be opportunities throughout to achieve your own personal learning outcomes.
Book using this link here
As an SMA member and to thank you for all of your support last year, I would like to offer you an additional £10 off any ticket you book.
All you have to do is book your ticket, then email me with your membership number and I will refund you the additional £10!!
I am committed to offering high quality CPD at affordable prices and want to make the courses as accessible as I can, so what are you waiting for??
Many many thanks